Crock-pot Roasted Garbanzo Beans
These are a nice tasty healthy snack. Easy to make in the slow cooker.
Drain the beans of any liquid and rinse them good. I dump mine in a bowl and fill it half way with water. I want the skins of the beans to float to the top. You need to remove all the skins and this is an easy way to do that. Scoop them up with your hands, stir the beans a little more, and remove any more skins that float to the top.
Try to remove as many skins as you can.
Stir the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss the beans in them. You want to coat as many of the beans or all of the beans.
I use a 5 qt or my 6 qt slow cooker to cook the beans. As the beans cook, stir them occasionally.
Allow the beans to cool on a piece of parchment paper, stirring again occasionally. Store in a sealed container or a ziploc bag.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot Roasted Garbanzo Beans
- 1 15 oz Garbanzo Beans rinsed, drained and skins removed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Rinse, drain and remove any skins from the garbanzo beans. Pat dry.
- Add the beans to a gallon ziploc bag.
- Add the olive oil and salt to the bag and shake well coating the beans.
- Pour the beans into a 4 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper and lay flat on the counter.
- Dump the garbanzo beans on the parchment paper and spread them out.
- Allow the beans to cool. Store in an air tight container.