Crock-Pot Taco Chicken Bowls! Chicken cooked to perfection and full of flavor served over rice for a healthy dinner or lunch! Chicken with salsa, black beans and corn that is moist and delicious.
Additional Healthy Toppings
While the Crock-Pot Taco Chicken Bowls are full of plenty of flavor, I love to add a little topping or two to the top. Potential toppings include:
- diced tomatoes or onions (or both)
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced avocado
- pico de gallo
Make this a Little More Healthy
If you prefer not to use canned beans, soak some black beans over night, and then add them to the slow cooker instead of the canned beans. And exchange the jarred salsa for some homemade salsa instead.
Crock-Pot Taco Chicken Bowls
- 1 4 quart or larger slow cooker
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 16oz Jarred Salsa
- 1 14.5oz Canned Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 1 Tabespoon Ground Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- In a bowl, mix all the spices.
- Add chicken, corn, black beans, salsa and spices to a 4 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the chicken registers 165°F (74°C) on a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the crock-pot and stir well.
- Serve on white rice with your favorite taco toppings!