White Bean Soup with Kale
Sometimes, we have to make a recipe that is something just we would love. My kids love soup, but this soup was one they would not have anything to do with. My oldest said “beans” and that was enough for her. But, I had no complaints. I wanted to try this recipe for myself and love that it was full of vegetables and flavor.
Kale has been my new found love! It is easy to use and is full of vitamins and minerals. It is also a good source of fiber. To prepare the kale, just cut out the middle ribs and then roll the remainder of the leaf and slice in long strips. Add in the kale and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes. You want the kale to begin to soften.
Serve with a slice of French Bread and enjoy.
More recipes like this:
Crock-Pot White Bean Soup with Kale
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion diced
- 3 Medium Carrots peeled and diced
- 1 Celery Rib diced
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 2 15 oz White Beans drained and rinsed
- 4 Cups vegetable stock
- 1 Sprig Rosemary minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Kale packed
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the kale to a 5 qt or 6 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Add in the kale and stir. Cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread and option Parmesan cheese shavings.