Zucchini and Yellow Squash Casserole
Great summer time recipe to help use up all that zucchini that grows in the garden. Chop up the zucchini and yellow squash into bite size pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and cook!
This is a great way to use up any extra garden zucchini. I know by the end of the summer I have loads of zucchini. So much that I can not get people to take them. I hate to let them go to waste.
In the winter, I have to purchase squash at the store. They are very tender and a lot smaller. But, just as good.
Linked up at The SITS Girls
Crock-Pot Zucchini and Yellow Squash Casserole
- 2 Cups Zucchini washed, cored and chopped
- 2 Cups Yellow Squash washed, cored and chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter cubed
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter Crackers crushed
- Add the chopped zucchini and yellow squash to a 5 qt or larger crock-pot.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the top of the zucchini and squash.
- Add the tabbed butter and Parmesan cheese to the top of the zucchini.
- Lastly, sprinkle the crushed butter crackers over the top.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or until the squash is fork tender.
- Serve and enjoy.