I love to eat out at restaurants. My budget doesn’t necessarily love me doing that on a regular basis. I am always trying to make our favorite restaurant style foods in my kitchen. My kids love that mom can make their favorite restaurant foods at home. They also love to brag to their friends and get mom to make those same foods for sleepovers!
This is not one that I made for the kids. This was purely for my enjoyment. I love Olive Garden. They have delicious breadsticks and their soups are out of this world. This is a copycat of their Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe. Not exactly their recipe, but it is a very close second.
Crock-Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion diced
- pinch Kosher Salt
- pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Chopped Kale stems removed
- 3/4 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- On the stove top, brown the sausage, onion and garlic. Crumble the sausage and drain any drippings.
- Add the browned sausage, diced potatoes, chicken broth and salt and pepper to a 5 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours and LOW for 5-6 hours until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add in the whipping cream and Kale. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 additional minutes.
- Serve with bread and topped with shredded Parmesan cheese.